Wondering how to exercise while on vacation? Try this full body workout anywhere there is space available, and mix up the exercises to keep your body challenged! One day try all exercises back to back and repeat the circuit 1-3x. You can also pick 2 or 3 exercises and repeat them back to back before moving on to another set of exercises. Have fun!
Warm up by jogging, doing jumping jacks, or jumping rope in place (5 minutes)
1. Fire Pushups: Complete pushups in regular plank position or on your knees for 20 seconds; then hold in pushup position for 20 seconds. Aim for 4 sets back to back with no rest.
2. Front kick to lunge: Thrust your right leg forward into a front kick and immediately drop it into a back lunge with the right knee down to the ground. That's one rep. Complete 20 reps and switch to left leg.
3. 180 degree Squat Jumps: Start in squat position. Jump into the air landing back in your squat. Immediately jump rotating 90 degrees to the left, then back to center, then to the right. Make sure you always land with your feet in parallel position and hip distance apart. Repeat this explosive movement for 20 reps.
4. Plank Walk with Tricep Pushup: Start in regular pushup position. Keeping your abs and hips tight, move across the room maintaining your high plank. Once you get there, complete 2 tricep pushups so that there is no space between your elbows and your ribcage. That's one rep. Continue back and forth across the room like this 4-6 x.
5. Side Kick Jack: Start standing with your feet hip distance apart. Leading with your right leg, kick out to your right side and immediately come back to starting position to complete a jumping jack. Repeat on the left. This should be a continuous movement...i.e. right kick- jumping jack-left kick-jumping jack. Repeat for 1 minute.
6. Jumping jacks with overhead press: Aim for 100 reps. If you have water bottles, hold them in your hands and raise over head as you jump.
Interested in your own customized take-home workouts? Click below:
Create Your Own Transformation